Amidst all the everything, we were scheduled to start with the new RSHE Compulsory curriculum in the UK in Sept 2020. What with one thing and another, it may have gone down a few pegs on your to-do-list.
I was pleased – because we didn’t pretend.
We didn’t pretend that this would be at the forefront of school leaders’ and teachers’ minds. But instead had a very practical and useful conversation about how this new base we now have of considering mental health since Covid 19, could be the very foundation from which your RSHE curriculum can thrive…
- how things are going so far
- specific challenges schools have faced in delivering effective RSHE
- the impact of Covid-19 on RSHE
- the role of RSHE in supporting students post-lockdown
- the right to withdrawal
- advice for schools delaying delivery until the summer
- delivering LGBT+ elements & more.
We also feature a case study of one school’s approaches.
Listen here, running time 1 hour 10mins approx.